Mobile Check Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is Mobile Deposit?
A. Mobile Deposit is a feature within the FmSB Newcastle app that will allow a user to take a picture of a check to deposit into your account electronically.
Q. How does Mobile Deposit work?
A. It works by taking a picture of the front and back of a properly endorsed check using your mobile device. An electronic image will be transmitted through a secure connection. You may submit your deposit at any time and from any location. The cut-off time is 3:00 P.M. CST. Deposits made after cut-off time will be processed and made available the following business day.
Q. How do I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
A. Mobile Deposit is a feature within our FmSB Newcastle app. To enroll in mobile banking, just log-in to the FMSB Newcastle app tap the menu icon and tap "Mobile Deposits".
Q. What is the proper endorsement to complete a Mobile Deposit?
A. The proper endorsement on the back of the check is your signature followed by “For Mobile Deposit Only”. Any checks that aren't properly endorsed will be rejected.
Q. When will my deposit be made available?
A. Deposits submitted and approved before 3:00 P.M. on a business day will be available on the same business day subject to our funds availability policy.
Q. What to do with the original paper check?
A. Securely store the check for 30 days after the funds have posted to your account. After 30 days, please shred your check.
Q. Do I need to fill out a paper deposit slip when using Mobile Deposit?
Q. Are there deposit limits established for Mobile Deposit?
A. Yes, deposits limits start at $1,000 per day and $500 per item. Your limits may be higher depending on your length of relationship with us. Contact us for details.
Q. Is there a fee for using Mobile Deposit?
A. Farmers State Bank does not charge a fee for this service. However, wireless carrier charges may apply.
Q. What if I have more questions?
A. Please call 940-846-3556 during normal banking hours. We'll be glad to help you.
Helpful Tips for Mobile Deposit
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, AND label it “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Make sure no shadows appear across the check.
- Make sure all four corners are visible.